Turkey 2014 – Classic Cultural Tour
Istanbul - Ankara - Cappadocia - Pamukkale
Turkey is truly unique and has some of the most impressive historical sites which have been instrumental for the development of the western world.
Over centuries Turkey has been strategically placed to be the cultural bridge between Europe and Asia, with a host of fascinating cultural centres and places of geographical significance for you to discover.
Your tour will start in the heart of Istanbul before travelling onwards to Cappadocia, where you’ll have the opportunity to visit temples, castles, amphitheatres and ruined cities. There are plenty of highlights awaiting as you immerse yourself in the diverse culture and rich history of the Turkish people.
This is the perfect tour to take in conjunction with our Gallipoli in Depth Battlefield Tour, where you will be taken on a rare journey through time and retrace the footsteps of Australian soldiers.
Classic Turkey Tour Highlights:
- The sights of Istanbul, where you’ll explore the city and enjoy plenty of time for shopping.
- Visit the Anatolian Civilisations Museum and the Mausoleum of Ataturk.
- Explore the land of ‘Fairy Chimneys’, the unique villages among volcanic landscapes and the ancient frescoes in Cappadocia.
- A once-in-a-lifetime sunrise balloon ride over Pumukkale, where you can gaze over the beautiful rock formations and stunning valleys – Optional.
- The ancient Roman city of Hierapolis and the world famous natural host spring and calcium cascading terraces.
- Enjoy the Roman ruins of Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
Your Turkey Tour Includes:
- Services of an english speaking guide throughout your tour.
- All meals as listed on the itinerary, which have been specially selected to enable you to experience the best local cuisine.
- All country and city excursions, scenic drives and sightseeing as described in the itinerary.
- Ground transport in air-conditioned coaches.
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary.
- Boronia Travel cap, ticket wallet and luggage tags.
- Single supplements are available.
- 2014 prices will be issued as per person twin share (Includes flight within Turkey). Excludes airfares and taxes from Australia.
For more information about the Classic Turkey Tour and the AWM Gallipoli In Depth Battlefield Tour and the experience of a lifetime please contact us today or call 1800 035 350.