Western Front 2013 – September Spring Tour
18 Day Fully Escorted Battlefield Tour
From: 10 – 27 September 2013
Fully Inclusive Air and Land Package at $8,420*
(Includes most meals)
Escorted by expert Australian War Memorial battlefield guide.
Visiting France and Belgium in September is one of the year’s best months. The days are warm but the air is fresher, the autumn colours are beginning to show and there’s a wonderful feel of the last of summer. You benefit from fewer crowds, the attractions are still operating with extended summertime hours and the sea is still a good temperature. Even shorter trips from major cities are easier to arrange with less travellers on the roads and trains.
Your September Western Front will begin with a warm ‘Welcome Dinner Cruise’ on the Seine River, which combines Paris sightseeing, divine French cuisine and entertainment throughout the evening.
Your expert guide will then take you on a commemorative journey through key battlefields, memorials and war cemeteries in the Somme, Flanders and the ancient town of Ypres, culminating in the emotional ‘Last Post’ ceremony at the Menin Gate.
Your tour has also been designed to be both relaxing and enjoyable, where you’ll meet many of the locals for whom the memory of the diggers remains strong. The venues have been carefully selected to enable you to experience the best local French cuisine and the provincial charm of the areas visited.
September 2013 Western Front Tour Highlights:
- Enjoy the stunning cruise and endless conversation at our welcome dinner on the Seine River – a great way to start any tour.
- Shopping and plenty of sightseeing in beautiful Paris, with an opportunity to see the quaint shops, grand arcades, museums, the Louvre, plus so many more attractions.
- Participate in the Last Post Ceremony at Menin Gate – a never to be forgotten experience.
- Visit the main Somme battlefields where the AIF suffered thousands of casualties in several short weeks, followed by a visit to the 1916 museum in the tunnels under the town.
- Explore the 1918 battlefields of Villers-Bretonneux, with a special visit to the Australian National memorial and the AIF museum in Villers Bretonneux primary school.
- Visit historic Brugge with its wonderful art, architecture, canals and lace shops.
- Experience the Eurostar as you travel to London in style.
Your Battlefield Tour Includes:
- Fully escorted by a Boronia Travel Centre Battlefield Historian and Specialist.
- All battlefield excursions, scenic drives and sightseeing as described in the itinerary.
- The best available accommodation in each town.
- All meals as listed on the itinerary, which have been specially selected to enable you to experience the best local cuisine.
- Plenty of Free Time. We understand that you might want to have a break occasionally.
- Services of a local english speaking guide throughout your tour.
- Ground transport in deluxe air-conditioned coaches with toilet and DVD player
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary.
- Boronia Travel Centre cap, ticket wallet and luggage tags.
- With the exclusive resources available to us, we are also able to assist with any family research you may be doing.
- Single Supplements available.
- *Prices are listed as per person twin share. Land package only.
- Boronia Travel Centre uses Singapore Airlines for all their Western Front Tours, and has access to the most competitive discounted airfares available from Australia.
- Group airfare add-on options available upon request.
- Upgrade airfares to business and first class available upon request.
- Spend more time in Paris with one of our accommodation packages available at discounted rates.
To view our comprehensive day-by-day September Western Front Tour itinerary please click here.
For more information about the September Western Front Tour, please contact us today or call 1800 035 350.