Western Front 2014 – Anzac Day Tour
Now Taking Bookings for 2014
Fully Escorted Battlefield Tour
Your tour will be fully expert Australian War Memorial Battlefield Historian.
The Western Front Anzac Day Battlefield Tour has been specially designed to include the Anzac Day Dawn Service at the Australian National Memorial in Villers-Bretonneux, and to participate in the moving Last Post ceremony and wreath-laying at the Menin Gate Memorial. These services reflect on the thousands of soldiers that died and is a truly heartfelt experience for those that attend.
Your expert guide, will recount the Australians’ stories at the key battlefields, memorials and war cemeteries you’ll visit in the Somme, Flanders and the ancient town of Ypres. Along the way you will meet local French people for whom the memory of the diggers remains strong.
Your battlefield trip will begin and end in Paris, with a spectacular farewell dinner cruise on the Seine, with time in Brugge for sightseeing, shopping and dining. Our tour focuses on a unique range of activities and the venues have been carefully selected to enable you to experience the best local French cuisine and the provincial charm of the areas visited.
You will also get exclusive access to a vast array of ww1 battlefields documentation, maps, films and photographs from the archives of the Australian War Memorial to enhance your experience and ensure you a wonderful and memorable tour.
“Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed the Western Front Tour with Aaron Pegram and John. The itinerary was well planned, Frank the bus driver was exceptional and the accommodation fine.
As the Tour Director, John did a terrific job managing us all in a very friendly manner and his insights and commentary on the local areas was very good.
A special mention for Aaron. His historical knowledge made it all came alive for me and it was terrific how he was able to meet everyone’s needs and requests on the tour. Nothing was ever too much trouble and he got the balance just right between enough information and information overload. A great experience I will never forget.”
Mark Luby, 2013
“Howard and I have been very remiss in not contacting you to tell you how much we enjoyed our trip to the Western Front with Boronia Travel this year. It was all we were hoping for, and more. The “more” was because of the people. Graeme and John, the tour historian and tour leader, were so generous with their time and knowledge and were the ultimate professionals, making our travel experience one of ease and extraordinary interest. Jean-Michel, our bus driver, was a legend and our fellow tour companions completed the experience. Thank you.”
Rae King and Howard Gibbon
Our customers depend on us to provide a once in a lifetime battlefield experience combined with exceptional customer service. Visit our page full of client testimonials.
Western Front Tour Highlights:
- Enjoy the atmosphere and endless conversation at our welcome dinner at a bustling Paris bistro.
- Shopping and plenty of sightseeing in beautiful Paris, with an opportunity to see the quaint shops, grand arcades, museums, the Louvre, plus so many more attractions.
- The Anzac Day Dawn Service at Villers Bretonneux followed by the more intimate Australian Commemorative Service at Bullecourt.
- Participate in the Last Post Ceremony at Menin Gate – a never to be forgotten experience.
- Visit the main Somme battlefields where the AIF suffered thousands of casualties in several short weeks, plus the famous battleground of Hamel, and the subsequent ‘advance to victory’.
- Retrace the steps of the terrible Third Battle of Ypres and the former battlefields of Hill 60, Menin Road, Polygon Wood and many other sites of key interest.
- Visit historic Brugge with its wonderful art, architecture, canals and lace shops.
- Spectacular farewell dinner cruise on the Seine, Paris, to celebrate with new friends and the end of a wonderful tour.
Your Battlefield Tour Includes:
- Fully escorted by an Australia War Memorial Battlefield historian and specialist.
- All battlefield excursions, scenic drives and sightseeing as described in the itinerary.
- The best available accommodation in each town.
- All meals as listed on the itinerary, which have been specially selected to enable you to experience the best local cuisine.
- Plenty of Free Time. We understand that you might want to have a break occasionally.
- Services of a local english speaking guide throughout your tour.
- Ground transport in deluxe air-conditioned coaches with toilet and DVD player
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary.
- Boronia Travel Centre cap, ticket wallet and luggage tags.
- With the exclusive resources available to us, we are also able to assist with any family research you may be doing.
- Single Supplements are available.
- Prices will be issued as per person twin share. Land package only.
- Boronia Travel Centre uses Singapore Airlines for all their Western Front Tours, and has access to the most competitive discounted airfares available from Australia.
- Group airfare add-on options available upon request.
- Upgrade airfares to business and first class available upon request.
- Spend more time in Paris with one of our accommodation packages available at discounted rates. AWM tour member discounts available.
For more information about the “Official” Australian War Memorial’s Western Front GOLD Tour 2014 and the experience of a lifetime, please contact us today or call 1800 035 350.
For the most recent information on Anzac Day activities and the town services being held at Villers-Bretonneux and Bullecourt, France, please visit the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs website.