Western Front 2014 – Without The Crowds Tour
12 Day Fully Escorted Battlefield Tour
Fully Escorted Battlefield Tour
Your tour will be fully escorted by an expert Australian War Memorial battlefield guide.
The Western Front Battlefield Tour is perfect for those who prefer to avoid the Anzac Day crowds, yet want to retrace the steps of the Australian troops who courageously fought and died on the ww1 battlefields of the Western Front.
Your expert guide will take you on a commemorative journey through key battlefields, memorials and war cemeteries in the Somme, Flanders and the ancient town of Ypres, culminating in the emotional ‘Last Post’ ceremony at the Menin Gate.
Your tour will begin with a warm ‘Welcome Dinner” upon the Eiffel Tower and will also end in Paris, with time in Brugge for sight-seeing, shopping and dining. Our tour is both relaxing and enjoyable, where you’ll meet many of the locals for whom the memory of the diggers remains strong. The venues have been carefully selected to enable you to experience the best local French cuisine and the provincial charm of the areas visited.
You will also get exclusive access to a vast array of ww1 battlefield documentation, maps, films and photographs from the archives of the Australian War Memorial to enhance your experience and ensure you a wonderful and memorable tour.
Western Front Tour Highlights:
- Enjoy the stunning view and endless conversation at our welcome dinner upon the Eiffel Tower – a great way to start any tour.
- Shopping and plenty of sightseeing in beautiful Paris, with an opportunity to see the quaint shops, grand arcades, museums, the Louvre, plus so many more attractions.Participate in the Last Post Ceremony at Menin Gate – a never to be forgotten experience.
- Visit the main Somme battlefields where the AIF suffered thousands of casualties in several short weeks, plus the famous battleground of Hamel, and the subsequent ‘advance to victory’.
- Retrace the steps of the terrible Third Battle of Ypres and the former battlefields of Hill 60, Menin Road, Polygon Wood and many other sites of key interest.
- Visit historic Brugge with its wonderful art, architecture, canals and lace shops.
- Spectacular farewell dinner cruise on the Seine, Paris, to celebrate with new friends and the end of a wonderful tour.
Your Battlefield Tour Includes:
- Fully escorted by an Australia War Memorial Battlefield historian and Specialist.
- All battlefield excursions, scenic drives and sightseeing as described in the itinerary.
- The best available accommodation in each town.
- All meals as listed on the itinerary, which have been specially selected to enable you to experience the best local cuisine.
- Plenty of Free Time. We understand that you might want to have a break occasionally.
- Services of a local english speaking guide throughout your tour.
- Ground transport in deluxe air-conditioned coaches with toilet and DVD player
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary.
- Boronia Travel Centre cap, ticket wallet and luggage tags.
- With the exclusive resources available to us, we are also able to assist with any family research you may be doing.
- Single Supplements are available.
- Prices will be issued as per person twin share. Land package only.
- The Western Front Battlefield Tour can be taken as an optional extension of the Gallipoli In Depth Battlefield Tour.
- Boronia Travel Centre uses Singapore Airlines for all their Western Front Tours, and has access to the most competitive discounted airfares available from Australia.
- Group airfare add-on options available upon request.
- Upgrade airfares to business and first class available upon request.
- Spend more time in Paris with one of our accommodation packages available at discounted rates. AWM tour member discounts available.
For more information about the “Official” Australia War Memorial’s Western Front Without the Crowds Tour 2014 and the experience of a lifetime, please contact us today or call 1800 035 350.